Sunday, January 23, 2011

Vancouver | Le Crocodile

My absolute favourite cuisine is French.  So on arrival in Vancouver, my home for the next 12 months, my first point of call was to source an amazing French Restaurant.  I found Le Crocodile and the rest is history.  I've been there 3 times now and each experience has been as perfect as the first.

The decor provides a very romantic and intimate setting, it'd be perfect for a date or special dinner with that special someone.  Overall I love everything about Le Croc, including the classic decor.

Just beautiful!
I cannot resist the decadence of foie gras, although it features heavily on the menu (much to my delight), on this particular occasion, I couldn't go past the special.  It was a fillet of beef in a porcini (another of my favourites) reduction, topped with foie gras.

My date for the night was my good friend Mia who had the ragu (I can't quiet remember what it was, veal perhaps).  But equally as amazing in taste.

The precision of our waiter was perfect.  His attention to detail and quality of service is one of the reasons why I love this restaurant so much.  No matter what, every time you leave feeling on top of the world.  I don't know if it is the great wine or the fois gras high - but every time I have left completely satisfied and in heaven.

Le Crocodile will definitely be my last meal in Vancouver!

Le Crocodile on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment