Friday, January 28, 2011

A Handy Tip on Blueberries

I just couldn't resist this shot.
Doesn't it look amazing!
They say you learn something new everyday.  Well today I learnt that if you lightly coat blueberries in flour before adding them to your muffin or cake base, it stops them from sinking to the bottom.  What a neat trick.  Thanks T!

Who could resist a blueberry muffin
that looks this delicious?!
I just love blueberries.  One of the luxuries of being in Canada is the amazing quality of their berries.  Seriously, I have never had better than what I have had here in Canada, and for the price, oh my god!  They are at least 1/3 of the price of Australian berries and the quality doesn't even compare.  So naturally while I am here I am savoring as many berries as possible.  Not just blueberries either, I'm talking raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, boysenberries....

Do you have any berry techniques or recipes up your sleeve that you'd like to share?  I'd love to hear from you, especially if you know a great pie recipe that looks as good as the picture.  I'm desperate to taste the berry goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment