Thursday, January 27, 2011

Vancouver | La Taqueria

Walking home on Saturday afternoon, my friend and I decided to try La Taqueria.  We weren't particularly hungry, but because it was right there and we had heard so much about it, we decided to get the 4 taco deal and go halves.

Inside it is quite small and poky, so we awkwardly stood at the counter trying to decipher the menu above.  The man behind the counter must have recognised our looks of confusion and offered to assist - he was very helpful.  We ordered 2 of the De Cachete (Braised Beef Cheeks), Frijoles Charros Con Queso (refried beans with Mexican cheese) and the Asado (Flanked beef with cucumber).

We received our order in no time and again the look of confusion washed across our faces.  We had no idea which was which.  We sheeplish asked for help and the server very helpfully steered us in the right direction.

Each taco was equally as light, fresh and tasty as the next.  The tortilla was light and fresh with a delicate taste.  I also want to make a special comment on their cilantro sauce.  AMAZING and it really kicked my satisfaction up to a whole other level.

I definitely want to come back and make a meal of this place.  The best tacos I have ever had.  I give it an 8/10.

La Taqueria Taco Shop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment